Because tenders can be challenging, using a compliance matrix will help you plan and organise your submission. In addition, a compliant and responsive proposal increases your chances of winning more work.
If you haven’t used a compliance matrix before or do not know what it looks like, we’ve included an example with some pointers on best practices.
- Prepare a comprehensive compliance matrix for every bid request.
- Build the compliance matrix early.
- Shred the RFP line by line.
- Tailor the compliance matrix for your customer and setting.
- Create your compliance matrix using a spreadsheet application.
- Follow the customer’s lead.
- Keep the compliance matrix up to date throughout the proposal process.
- Submit a response matrix with your proposal.
- Enhance compliance with responsiveness.
- Use the compliance matrix as a selling tool.
Submitting a compliant and responsive proposal shows that you are experienced, professional and easy to work with.